Google+ Beverly Is Yarn Crazy!: A book and a KAL

Sunday, October 5, 2008

A book and a KAL

I have started reading a book, The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. My sister-in-law had read it and has now lent it to me, for which I am grateful. I have wanted to read one of the many knitting themed novels out there for quite some time. Though I have only just begun the book, I must say that I am already enjoying the familiarity of the LYS and the way the knitting group evolved. The characters are coming to life for me and I am looking forward to seeing where they will take me.

On a different topic, the Knitting Purls Winter Warmies KAL has begun today. For those of you who may not be familiar with what a KAL is, it stands for Knit-A-Long. Several knitters commit to knitting something within a time frame. What they knit may be all the same pattern, or the same yarn/fiber, or perhaps, as in this case, all the same theme. The Winter Warmies theme means that the participants simply have to knit something that keeps them warm in the winter leaving the choice of pattern and fiber up to each knitter. I am helping to organize and moderate it, so in the spirit of the KAL, I have cast on a basic mitten pattern that I have made many dozens of times.

3 comments:

  1. I love The Friday Night Knitting Club. It's one of my favorites! I have The Knitting Circle (very similar in some ways to TFNKC) and it's a good read as well. Let me know if you'd like to read it, I'm happy to send it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got that book on my "to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with katy. That is a great book and you will definitely love it.

    I must get started on my Winter Warmies!! I think knee-high socks for my friend first. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my crafty little world!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails