Google+ Beverly Is Yarn Crazy!: 2 WIPs and a Scrappy FO.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2 WIPs and a Scrappy FO.

I have been having a wonderful time working on the Amiga. The pattern is very clear, including the instructions on how to join the motifs in the 6th round (no sewing together, yay!). I frequently get confused when trying to join motifs in some patterns, so I was glad that the instructions were so clear and easy. Now I need to pick up stitches to knit the ribbed neck.
I have done a little work on the Sasquatch Socks. They are huge and I am a little worried that they may actually be a little too big. I think I will have the apartment manager take home the first one for her husband to try on before I start the second sock. I like to make dishcloths to have on hand for last minute gifts, plus they make a great way to practice a new technique, but what to do with the little leftovers? I just make dishcloths for me. I don't care what they look like as long as they will get the job done, so I use multiple colors even if they don't "go" together. The one below is just garter stitch and uses 3 leftover balls of different colors. It was a mindless project while watching a television show that I was engrossed in, so I didn't have to look at what I was knitting.So, what do you do with your leftover kitchen cotton?

7 comments:

  1. I make these with my left over cotton:

    http://birdysknits.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=24

    (Yes, shameless self promotion!) :-p

    Awesome FOs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birdwell, thank you for posting that! I love the idea and will be adding it to my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make tightly crocheted scrumbly bits for my godson to chew on. he LOVES them.
    They were especially appreciated when I wet them and cooled them in the fridge, while he was teething.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Amiga is looking stunning. I love the variegated yarn you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the information...I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my crafty little world!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails