Google+ Beverly Is Yarn Crazy!: Happy New Year and New Crafting!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year and New Crafting!

Hello! I am still here. I am sorry that I have been MIA for so long. I have been very preoccupied by my recovery from my surgery, and the new eating habits that I have had to learn. Everything is fine and going pretty well. If you are interested in reading about it in more detail, my weight loss blog is Beverly's Journey. Now, on to the yarny stuff!

Since my last post I did complete several projects, but I didn't take any pictures. (Sorry, I just haven't been very good about pictures and blogging lately, but I will try to be better for the new year.) They were gifted to my nieces and nephews for Christmas. I made 3 pairs of socks and 4 pairs of mittens to go with the project that I had already posted. I did not complete all of the gifts that I had planned this year. So, I had to purchase 2 hat and mitten sets! Oh, the shame of it all.

I am currently working on a project for my apartment manager. After seeing some of the socks that I have made, she asked if I could make a pair of men's size 13 boot socks for her husband. She brought over some worsted weight wool that she said she purchased in Canada. It is unlabeled, but feels like 100% wool in a 2 ply woolen preparation. It is a kind of "crunchy" texture to the yarn, and I can feel the lanolin in it. I think that these will be extremely warm socks.

I will make a resolution to post at least once per week on this blog. Please check back and keep me on the straight and narrow.

3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness it's worsted weight wool! I don't think I could face a pair of size 13 socks in fingering LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to post more this year too!

    I'll definitely check out the weight loss blog. My husband's feet are 13's; it's not as overwhelming as it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I hope 2010 is finding you well! It's great to hear from you, and I'll def. be checking out the weight loss blog!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my crafty little world!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails