Google+ Beverly Is Yarn Crazy!: I FOUND YARN!!!

Saturday, February 14, 2015

I FOUND YARN!!!

Yes, I found a new craft supply shop in my home town and I want to shout it from the roof tops!  It is very difficult for a small shop to make a go of it in the current economic times and I really want this one to make it.  There is a need!

I visited The Crafty Space for the first time today.  When I first walked in I saw well crafted, handmade items.  This is good.  A few of them came home with me.  More about that later.

Then I spotted the back wall.  YARN!, and it wasn't just Red Heart yarn.  No, I am not pooh-poohing Red Heart yarn, because I have crocheted large afghans, so I know that it has its place of honor in such crafts.  That said, since I learned to knit I have become a huge fan of more natural fibers and blends.  The shop features Lion Brand and Cascade yarns, plus the owners are interested in learning what else the local crafters would like to have stocked there.

Sharon and Sarah are the owners and they are wonderful people.  Very friendly and very eager to please their customers.  They are looking for your feedback so be sure to speak up if there is some type of craft item that you would like to see in there.

I spoke to one of the owners about a knit night at the shop and she thought that was a nice idea.  My sister and I are very interested in having a place to meet up for crafting with others and I hope we can find like minded crafters to join us there.

So, what did I do to help keep them in business?  A little stash enhancement of course!  I purchased 2 skeins of Cascade Yarns Sunseeker.  One skein is a beautiful green, colorway 21, and the other is a nice blue, colorway 23.  There is a nice little sparkle running through the yarn and I am planning to make a colorwork hat for myself with it.  Pretty, huh?

Also, I purchased 2 handmade project bags.  One for myself and one will be a surprise for someone who shall remain nameless for as long as I can stand it.  The creator of these wonderful bags is Danielle Davis of Dani's Doodles.  I am impressed not only with the construction of the bags, but also with the little details, such as the bottom of both bags is a faux leather (no faux cows were hurt) and there are coordinating accents of the faux leather elsewhere on the bags.  There are interior pockets in both bags as well as having all of the seams hidden.  I love the strong zippers with substantial pulls that are going to hold up to a lot of use.  I'm sorry that my photography skills do not do justice to how nice these bags are.

If you live in the central Maine region and find yourself in Dexter Maine, I do hope that you will show this wonderful little shop some love.  We can't afford to lose such places.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my crafty little world!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails