Google+ Beverly Is Yarn Crazy!: Time to Catch Up.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Time to Catch Up.

Hey, I'm still alive! I have been knitting, and I have some pictures to share with you of three sweaters that I have made. The first two are for my twin nieces who recently turned two years old. The pattern is the Childs Plain Crew Neck Cardigan by Patons in their Upside-Downers Cardigan booklet #718, size 2. The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver, in Bonbon Print and Sunshine Print respectively.
The third sweater is for the twins older brother. It is the same pattern in a size 6, but I modified it to be a pullover instead of a cardigan. The yarn is Patons Canadiana (there wasn't any colorway indicated on the ball band). I must say that for an acrylic yarn, this one is nice.That is all the finished projects for now. I am still working on the mohair scarf/shawl and I am casting on a pair of socks for a Toe-Up Kal in Knitting Purls Ravelry group. She has a Stash-Busting KAL that is still open to sign ups that I will be moderating, so I encourage you to head over and sign up. The theme is not only that you must work from your stash, but we are all doing colorwork techniques to strengthen our skills or, as in my case, learn new skills. There are many there who will be very willing to answer questions.

That is it for now. Ray and I are going to be attempting to put together some shelves in hopes of organizing my stash this afternoon. We are very tired of looking at the piles of boxes and I am frustrated trying to find what I need for new projects. Please wish us luck, as we are not mechanically inclined and we are both disabled.

8 comments:

  1. The sweaters look great. I love it as a pullover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Stash organizing!!! I "almost" like that better than knitting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sweaters! I need to do some stash busting but I seem to do some fiber stashing as of late :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used the Paton's yarn before I just love it...very nice when knit up...I also have that pattern book...one of my favorites...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look wonderful. Good luck with the stash organization! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have better luck in putting up shelves. I just have huge holes in my walls from Dan's attempts. grin.
    Love the sweaters you knitted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the sweater are just beautiful! What amazing colors.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my crafty little world!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails