Google+ Beverly Is Yarn Crazy!: In a Jiffy!

Friday, January 21, 2011

In a Jiffy!

For the past several years I have become enamored with fingering and lace weight yarns. I am drawn to them. I spin them. I crave them. I buy them, and buy them, and....you get the point.

Recently I have learned the joy of bulky weight yarns. The speed with which a project can be completed. INSTANT GRATIFICATION! The following clutch and coin purse are done in Lion Brand Jiffy in the Blossom colorway. One skein created both projects in only a few hours. The pattern is the Quick and Classy Cabled Clutch (Ravelry.com link) by Sarah Marie Fuchs. The pattern can be found in the book, One-Skein Wonders: 101 Yarn-Shop Favorites. I love this book for quick gifts.

I placed the decorative button on both the front and back of the clutch over the black 3/4" grosgrain ribbon. The handles are 1/4" wooden dowels. I have not yet lined the purse and I am not sure if I will.
The coin purse I improvised, so I thought I would share the simple pattern for this Easy Peasy Coin Purse. It easily holds coins, cash, debit card and my license.
  •  make a 3 inch chain
  •  sc in 2nd chain from hook and in each ch to the last ch, 3 sc in last ch, sc up other side of chain to beginning ch 2 sc in beg ch, sl st to 1st sc.
  •  ch 1, sc in each st around to beg, sl st in beg sc
  •  repeat previous rnd until piece measures approx 2.5".
  •  working back & forth on one side of piece only, sc from one end to the other, ch 1, turn.
  •  sc2tog, sc to last 2 sts sc2tog, ch1, turn
  •  repeat previous row until only 3 sts remain, ch 5 and attach to other side of point for a button loop.  Sew on button, weave in ends and enjoy!
 



8 comments:

  1. Great job Bev! Love those little purses. I am in need of some instant gratification as well, I might have to put down the lace/fingering weight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beverly! Your purse turned out so cute! I'm the girl that designed it - and out of the blue I decided to do a google search and found it on here! I love it! I'm still designing, but haven't done much pattern writing :-) Glad to see folks are still making this cute purse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That clutch is simply darling! You gotta love instant gratification projects that turn out that cute and functional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for these instructions. I learned to crochet when I was 10, but only made a pot holder and perhaps a doll blanket. Now at 36 I decided to pick it back up. Your coin purse is the first project I have attempted since re-learning the basic stitches. I've made 2 today and they have turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pattern! I made the coin purse just a smudge bigger as my friend wanted a credit card holder :) Going to look for a pretty button today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you found it easy to customize, and finding a great button is my favorite part!

      Delete

Welcome to my crafty little world!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails