For the past several years I have become enamored with fingering and lace weight yarns. I am drawn to them. I spin them. I crave them. I buy them, and buy them, and....you get the point.
Recently I have learned the joy of bulky weight yarns. The speed with which a project can be completed. INSTANT GRATIFICATION! The following clutch and coin purse are done in Lion Brand Jiffy in the Blossom colorway. One skein created both projects in only a few hours. The pattern is the Quick and Classy Cabled Clutch (Ravelry.com link) by Sarah Marie Fuchs. The pattern can be found in the book, One-Skein Wonders: 101 Yarn-Shop Favorites. I love this book for quick gifts.
I placed the decorative button on both the front and back of the clutch over the black 3/4" grosgrain ribbon. The handles are 1/4" wooden dowels. I have not yet lined the purse and I am not sure if I will.The coin purse I improvised, so I thought I would share the simple pattern for this Easy Peasy Coin Purse. It easily holds coins, cash, debit card and my license. .
- make a 3 inch chain
- sc in 2nd chain from hook and in each ch to the last ch, 3 sc in last ch, sc up other side of chain to beginning ch 2 sc in beg ch, sl st to 1st sc.
- ch 1, sc in each st around to beg, sl st in beg sc
- repeat previous rnd until piece measures approx 2.5".
- working back & forth on one side of piece only, sc from one end to the other, ch 1, turn.
- sc2tog, sc to last 2 sts sc2tog, ch1, turn
- repeat previous row until only 3 sts remain, ch 5 and attach to other side of point for a button loop. Sew on button, weave in ends and enjoy!