Google+ Beverly Is Yarn Crazy!: On The Needles and Wheel

Sunday, December 4, 2011

On The Needles and Wheel



Wow, I have been busy!  This week I received two custom orders through  my etsy site, so I am knitting like there is no tomorrow.  The hat below is part of the first order.  The colors are for Iowa State University.  The hat is a basic k2, p2 ribbed hat in Plymouth Yarn Encore Chunky.  I am working on a reversible cabled & ribbed scarf to go with it before I start on the coordinating mittens.
I have been taking 15-30 minutes per day to get back into the habit of spinning everyday.  My beautiful sister and her handy hubby switched my wheel over to double treadle for me and it has made spinning even more of a pleasure.  

The fiber is from Highland Handmades in her Neptune colorway.  The content is 50% SW merino and 50% tencel.  It is spinning like a dream!
This is a picture of the single, spun on my Ashford Traditional.  I think I will be 2 plying it and putting it up on my Etsy shop.

Lastly, I would love some ideas of what to feature in my Tuesday's Temptation.  Do you have a shop or know of a deserving shop that could use a little love and attention focused on it.  If you have any ideas, please leave a comment.  I look forward to hearing from all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my crafty little world!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails