Google+ Beverly Is Yarn Crazy!: Ravelry Sweet Sweater CAL

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ravelry Sweet Sweater CAL


I recently completed a CAL in the yahoo group Plussize Crochet that involved the Sweet Sweater . I wasn't convinced that I was finally going to be able to make a garment that would actually fit me for the first time in my life, so I wasn't willing to invest in a nice yarn. Instead I used Caron Pounders in Azure and Cape Cod Blue that I had on hand from afghans I had previously made. Suprise! It fits and I wish I had invested in a better yarn for apparel. (pictured to the right) I love this pattern because it is more of a formula for customizing the garment to the person it is intended for, no matter what size they are! Amazing, huh?


Well, because of this I have joined another CAL for the same pattern in Ravelry's Crochet A Plus group. This time around, I am using a cotton blend, size 5 thread of unknown origin and a 3.25 mm steel hook. When I first started it I was using a much smaller hook and found that the increases where not turning the corners for the raglan sleeves properly and I ended up frogging several hours of work only to start over again with the 3.25 mm hook. It was immediately apparent that this was going to make all the difference in the outcome. To the left is a picture of it in progress after the correction and you can see how the V neck will come together. This should be a much lighter weight top for summer. I plan to do some open work on the bottom half of the top to be worn with a tank top or cami. When I complete it I will post a picture. Now I need to check my groups and then get back to the yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my crafty little world!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails