Google+ Beverly Is Yarn Crazy!: USOC Threatens Fiber Crafters

Thursday, June 21, 2012

USOC Threatens Fiber Crafters

For the love of Ravelry

In my opinion, this is all about money.  If we gave them enough money for use of "the word", they (you know who I mean) wouldn't have a problem.  This will be the first time in over 40 years that I will not be watching the games.  I will be boycotting the sponsors of the games.  I am not trying to encourage anyone else to follow suit, I am just expressing my opinion.

I am more sad, confused, frustrated, angry and just plain PO'd than I know how to express.  Okay, I know how to express it, but I don't want to be sued.

Happy Creativity to you all (if you can muster it).

Update 5:17 pm, June 21st, 2012:  USOC Apologizes for insulting knitters.


  1. Love this post, Bev! It made me laugh over something that's had me seeing red all morning.

  2. Can't believe I managed to miss this whole drama! I must say I don't feel like the apology is sincere at all. And I doubt that particular insulting phrase is part of a "standard cease and desist letter."


Welcome to my crafty little world!

Share This


Related Posts with Thumbnails