Google+ Beverly Is Yarn Crazy!: The Generosity of Others

Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Generosity of Others

I am one of the luckiest people that I know. Now, if you met me on the street, you may not get that as your first impression. My walker and awkward gate may make you think that I am anything but lucky, but you would be very wrong. I have the most amazing family in the world and my friends are incredible too.

Why is this what I am writing about in my crafting blog? For starters, I have wanted to learn to spin yarn ever since I started plurking. My fellow plurk pals are mostly knitters, crocheters, and spinners and we love to share what we are producing in our craft endeavors. I have become enamored of the lovely handspun yarns that they are producing and desired to be able to do the same.

Last week, one of my wonderful plurk friends, twisted knitter, had tried spinning and didn't like it so she gave to me the beautiful, burnt orange, Corridale fiber that she was using to learn! I am sooooooo lucky and grateful!!! But, I don't have a spindle or spinning wheel. No problem. My talented youngest brother is making a spindle for me. Again, I am soooooo lucky and grateful!

My brother won't be here until this weekend with the spindle, so I managed to find a tutorial on how to spin on a bent coat hanger. That way I didn't have to wait any longer than it took for me to cut and bend the hanger to try to spin. Below is the result of my first spinning attempt.If that isn't enough to prove how lucky I am, my other talented brother had provided Ray and I with a computer to replace the one that died a few weeks back. Then last weekend he brought up a second one so that I could sit in my lift chair and be more comfortable while online. I am in quite a bit of pain most of the time that I sit in a "normal chair" at the computer, so this will make my life so much better. Once again, I am sooooooo lucky and grateful.

These examples are not the real reason I feel I am the luckiest person that I know. They are just much more tangible and easier to relate to you. I do not know how to adequately communicate how much my man, my family and my friends do for my heart. I just hope that you are as lucky as me.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. You are apparently much loved!

    Daniele aka mscreate.typepad.com

    "aka plurkey pal" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what you have spun up looks fabulous!

    I would have never thought to try to make a spindle out of a hanger. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Beverly,
    Thank you so much for linking to my blog! Am glad the hooky stick info has been of help to you. Congrats on your first handspun yarn. Very nice!!
    Cheers, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful yarn! I am so jealous that's your first yarn!

    But your words are even more beautiful! I have to agree that people we love and who love us are the best and greatest blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beverly! Thanks for sharing the pattern with me. I'm at lizandjuan@comcast.net. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my crafty little world!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails