Google+ Beverly Is Yarn Crazy!: Happy Independence Day!

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

I hope that everyone in the U.S. is enjoying a very safe Independence Day. I had went to a wonderful family birthday party for my beautiful Mom and my pretty niece who is turning 4. It was a sunny, warm, clear afternoon with one of those perfect breezes that keep the bugs away.

Now I am back home, achy from my little excursion, and looking forward for an evening of watching National displays of patriotism while I knit. Ray will be watching baseball. These quiet, simple pleasures are who we really are.

I finished the nanner socks a few days ago. I finally took some pictures. The blocker that I have on one sock is made from a coat hanger. I only have one because I need to find another plastic coated, wire hanger. I must say that I am quite pleased with the way that this pair of socks turned out and I really learned a lot while making them. I owe a big thank-you to Wendy Johnson who designed the pattern for her fellow plurkers.
That's all for this post. I wish you all the happiest of Independence Weekends! Celebrate safely please!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beverly! I followed you from Plurk! You have a great blog!

    Do you think you could send me a copy of Wendy's Nanner socks? She told me that I needed to ask another Plurker. I'm asking.......PRETTY PLEASE?? Thank you either way!

    Liz
    Lizandjuan on Plurk
    lizandjuan.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my crafty little world!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails