Google+ Beverly Is Yarn Crazy!: Tink, tink, tink....

Monday, July 14, 2008

Tink, tink, tink....

Here I go again. I had cast on to make 2 mittens at a time from the tip down, but it isn't going well. I used Judy's magic cast on, then increased to palm width and knit even to where the thumb needs to appear. The pattern uses a provisional cast on for the thumb stitches, which was easy enough to learn, but I can't figure out how to knit the thumb stitches from one needle to the next. The thumb stitches want to curve around and stretch the connection. I have redone them 3 times and now I think I will just frog it and make them from the cuff up, which I know how to do already.

For the record, I hate quitting. I want to figure this pattern out. If you have any advice, if you have made this pattern up, I would be grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I've never seen a top down mitten pattern (or maybe I wasn't paying attention;))

    Looking at it I can't see anything that would tip me off as to how to help. I'd have to work one myself to see how it flows.

    I hate giving up to but maybe if you try it again another time suddenly it will all make sense. Then you don't have to feel like you gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never knit mittens from the tip down. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my crafty little world!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails